site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Get Your Questions Ready - This Week's Schedule


I'm so pleased to announce this next week's topics:


October 22 - Tricia Mills - OPENING LINES

October 23 - Theresa Ragan - MAKING EVERY SENTENCE COUNT

October 24 - Delle Jacobs - MAKE YOUR SYNOPSIS INTRIGUING

October 25 - Karen Potter - BE KIND TO YOUR JUDGE'S EYES

October 26 - YOUR QUESTIONS

Friday we have set aside for a special Q&A day. Do you have a question you want the Noodlers to answer? You can leaver your question in the comment section of this post or e-mail me at jillmonroe @ cox.net (no spaces)

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a question.

How "completed" does "completed" have to be? Suppose I have a manuscript which is finished--as in, I wrote 95,000 words starting from "Chapter One" and going to "The End."

Of course, six months have passed and "The End" is not as final as I once thought. There are giant things that need to change--the role of characters, the hero's motivations. I have a huge list, and a revised synopsis, and I'm in the process of deleting a bunch of extraneous cast members, bringing one of the subplots to the fore and pushing what I thought was the "main" plot to a subplot, and ramping up the conflict (lots of this).

Hey, it was my first book. I had a lot to learn. :)

I absolutely adore my new opening pages. But there is no way I will have all the edits done by the GH deadline. Is it okay to enter the GH with a full manuscript that will show an obvious--and I do mean REALLY obvious--discontinuity where I stop editing?

Thanks so much, Noodlers.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Absolutely, as long as that REALLY obvious discontinuity isn't in the first 50 pages or so. :D

And tell us your name if you want to be entered for a free critique.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]