site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, September 19, 2008

Q & A Friday!


Happy Friday to all! We hope you've enjoyed this week's blogs covering several aspects of Writers' Health. Now is the time for questions from our readers. Is there a question about Writers' Health that you'd like to ask?


To get the Q&A started, I'll throw out a question inspired by one of our blogs this week. Guest blogger Jennifer St. Giles mentioned the song "The Impossible Dream" describes what an author goes through on the way to making her deadline. I have often felt that Peter Gabriel's "Walk through the Fire" on the Against All Odds soundtrack fits my process and journey. What song lyrics fit your writing process?

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

"You got to Ac-CENT-uate the positive,
E-LIM-inate the negative and,
HOLD ON, to that affirmative.
Don't mess with Mr. In Between."

Sung by Aretha Franklin.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dreams by the Cranberries.

"All my life, is changin' every day, in every possible way..."

Esri, "Don't mess with Mr. In-Between " is a great romance writer slogan.

Mo, Peter Gabriel is God, that's all there is to it. :-)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Esri,
That was my Grandma's favorite song!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Jane,
I agree with you about Peter Gabriel! I'll post lyrics later. Gotta get in carpool lane and get the kid to ballet! Ack!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Margay Leah Justice said...

I know this is Saturday (and this is technically a Q and A Friday post), but I just thought of this question now. What is the standard synopsis length preferred by agents? Desperately trying to find the answer to this.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Norah Wilson said...

Margay, I'm not sure there's a definitive answer. I do know my agent prefers a short synopsis in the order of 2-3 doublespaced pages. That works for the shorter books I write with a partner. However, for my mainstream suspenses I find I need at least 5 doublespaced pages.
Good luck!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Margay Leah Justice said...

Thank you so much!

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually have trip-hop playing as my background music (Esthero, Portishead, Morcheeba, etc). It's both relaxing and stimulating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]