site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Everybody Dance Now!

Summertime makes me think of dancing. Perhaps that is because the Romance Writers of America conference is during the summer and there's always a big party Harlequin sponsors for their authors and friends. Everybody dances and nobody cares how they look!

(The photo here is from this year's party, Harlequin Historical author Michelle Willingham, who is a great dancer!)


Dancing is joyous. So for no other reason than to make you smile, here are some joyous dancing moments.

1. We all saw clips of this Wedding March Dance on the news, but you really should watch the whole thing. I love this; it shows the joy of a wedding. I applaud the bride and groom and their bridal party for letting go of inhibitions and dancing their way to the altar. Click HERE

2. One of my very favorites: The T-Mobile Liverpool Train Station Dance (It was filmed in January, but it has the spirit of summer)


3. Not only ordinary people can find the joy in dancing. Watch Mikhail Barishnikov join the Chorus Line. I imagine he loved just being one of the dancers in the chorus.

I think part of finding joy is releasing inhibitions and allowing yourself to do what you feel. That's dancing!!

What is your favorite dance memory? Either your own dancing or one you watched. What was the most joyous?

Visit my website and enter my new contest.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Terry Odell said...

I pretty much gave up on dancing when I got married, because hubby not only didn't like it, he couldn't. He has no comprehension of the rhythm behind a piece of music.

So, when after 38 years of marriage, my mother asked him what she should get me for my birthday, and he said, "Dancing lessons," I was shocked. Even more shocked when he said he intended to come along, and he said we should buy the package to continue lessons after our introductory offer was done.

He still can't hear the rhythm, and he hasn't danced but once after we finished the lessons, but it was great fun while it lasted.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

What a nice husband, Terry! Mine would not ever in a million years even think of dance lessons!

The few husbands who attended the Harlequin party, including Michelle's cute hubby, looked shocked at first but once on the dance floor they got into the joy of it. The dancing is always a favorite part of the conference for me.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Diane,
Great dancing videos! I think the most fun I've had dancing is at friends' weddings and the RWA conference. I'm not a great dancer, but it's fun.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Diane,
Thanks for the great post. I look forward to RWA just for the Harlequin party. I love to dance. I especially enjoyed dancing at my daughters' weddings. Every once in a while hubby and I go to the nearby Ritz on a Friday or Saturday night to dance to their fantastic weekend band.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

I love to dance. My husband and I are always the first people on the dance floor and the last ones off. My husband is a great dancer. I need some lessons. And I need to crash the Harlequin party and dance the night away!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Merrillee and Theresa, I envy you having husbands who love to dance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]