site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Best Things in Life Are Free

That’s how the saying goes, but is it true? Here’s my list of the best free things in life:

1. Giving and receiving hugs. They make a bad day good and a good day even better.

2. Talking with Friends. Whether on the phone, in person, via facebook, or on Skype, connection with friends breed warm fuzzies, much like hugs.

3. Playing games. Board games, hopscotch, around-the-world, or hang-man, they’re all fun, and they don’t have to cost anything. Even if all you have is a stick and some dirt, you can play tic-tac-toe. If you don’t have a stick, you can play hide and seek or tag.

What are some other activities or items you could add to the list of best free things in life?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Dr. Debra Holland said...

Library books. Taking walks. Playing with my pets. Going for a swim in a backyard pool. Having a neighbor over for a cup of coffee or tea. Going to a park.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Adding a few more: Sunsets, sunrises, walks on the beach (though I have to fly to get there), star gazing, eye candy. :-)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Deb,
I'm with you on all those free things! Thanks for adding to the list.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Judy,
Ooh, eye candy! Now that's one I hadn't thought of. Good addition to the list!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Most of my current favorite free things involve my granddaughters. I love coaxing the six-month-old to smile her wide, gummy grin. And I love curling up with the three-year-old (she would call it "snuggle Nana") to read a story.

Like Deb, I enjoy playing with the pets. And I have to agree with Judy--scenery is nice, too :-).

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Nomad Nina said...

Great blog I enjoyed reading it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]