site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Got Muse?

I’ve been reading Diane Perkin’s wonderful “Ten Tips to Feed Your Muse” in this month’s Wet Noodle Posse E-Zine, and I’ve decided to switch places with Diane’s muse. That entity has it made! He/she/it even gets served tea—the good kind.

Item #10 might give me a bit of trouble, though. Diane is probably going to expect a coherent response when she tells her muse to give her an idea now. Do you think Diane would notice if her new muse’s ideas involved another trip to the museum or attending a Hitchcock films festival? Maybe the suggestion in Item #5 to “take a walk” could bail me out—I notice Diane didn’t say we had to come back.



On the other hand, if Diane treats her muse to all the wonderful things in her article, she probably never has to worry about AWOL inspiration. And the handy thing about feeding a muse is that the writer gets to enjoy the feast, too.

How about you? How would you feed your muse?

5 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Tori Scott said...

Dang, Terry. That piece of chocolate cake looks good! My muse must be really hungry, because she's telling me she'll give me at least 10 pages for a treat like that. :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I was thinking the same thing about the cake. Yummy!

I like to read just for pure pleasure, go to the movies, watch favorite TV shows, go for hikes in the woods or go on vacation somewhere that's very different from home. I like where I live, but there's something really cool about going somewhere that looks and feels totally different from what you see every day.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

LOL, Terry! Thanks for making me crave chocolate cake...

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Terry, for the reminder about Diane's article. I use several of her ideas.

I found an unexpected boost for my muse: a couple of friends emailed, looking for a new chapter to my fanfic. There is something about knowing someone really wants to read what's being written.

That chocolate cake has me drooling. Not good for the keyboard.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger bridget said...

I'm not exactly original here--but I'm joining the club--my muse wants somma that chococake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]