site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Not Resolutions - Be Resolute!

Beginning this month, a member of the Wet Noodle Posse will host a different topic each month - all designed to to get us all on the road to having a completed novel by this time next year.  I'll be your hostess for the month of January, and we'll be discussing Getting Started!

Getting Started is a pretty broad topic, and one we've been discussing amongst ourselves - just what does it mean?  Is it getting a book started?  The year started - what?  My answer - it's a mishmash of a bunch of different things.   (That was helpful - wasn't it?)  We'll be discussing goal setting and motivation, abut also getting ready to write - I may even throw in a little organization here and there!

Today is January 1st - the day for resolutions.  But I'll be honest, I think resolutions are invitations for mistakes.  My resolutions are always something like, lose weight, keep my house cleaner not worry so much, etc.  All good in the abstract, but really...pretty poor groundwork for getting something done.

My resolution is to write more.  But my true goal is to get at least 3 books written.  And I'm resolute about that.  

The Wet Noodle Posse would love for you to join us this year!  

5 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said...

I'm parked right in the front row!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

My resolution is to write two novels. I always seem to complete one and a partial on a second, and maybe a short story or two. I have also resolved to update my website more frequently! What are your writing resolutions for this year?

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flying back to D.C. last night, I used the plane time to assess 2007 in my journal and write on specific goals for 2008. I felt very Trishesque. WNP member Trish Milburn is one of the most resolute folks I know. Trish - what are your tips for making your goals?

-Michelle Butler

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

"Be resolute." I like it :-)! Thanks, Jill, for providing a great slogan for the new year :-).

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Gillian Layne said...

Oh joy--I'd love to know how other people get started!

2 complete books this year, right down to the synopsis, query letter and hook is my goal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]