site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, June 01, 2009

Father Knows Best


Or does he?

When I think of June, several events come to mind—weddings, my brother’s birthday, and Father’s Day. I confess I do not think of Flag Day as a big event even though it is on my calendar and, if I remember, I put up our flag.

Even if you’re a cynic and believe Father’s Day is a holiday manufactured by card companies and department stores to get us to buy more things we don’t need, we’ve all experienced them. Some in much different ways than others. I’m not sure how Father’s Day went down when you were growing up, but my dad felt that one day didn’t adequately express the holiday. He, being king of the suburban ranch, conferred full weekend status upon Father’s Day. My sisters and brother were then free to honor him all weekend. He’d say, “And rightly so.”

Since there’s a lot of fodder beyond the official holiday when it comes to the father-child relationship, the noodlers will explore all things dad, both in real life and as writers, during “Father Knows Best” month. Please join us for blogs devoted to heroes in our lives and heroes in our novels, for favorite desserts to make for Dad and father daughter dances, for our favorite TV dads and the special bond between father and son.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Mo--I love that "And rightly so." Your dad sounds like a real character :-). The thought of the weekend-long celebration kept me smiling all day (and thinking I need to do something special for my dad this year).

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Great picture and great way to start the month of June. Thanks, Mo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]