site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Lighter Side of Life

posted by Lee McKenzie

I was going to write about something serious today but I'm not feeling at all serious. Instead, I’m feeling thankful for creative people who make me laugh. I think it’s very cool that YouTube provides a venue for creative people to express themselves, and I’m especially grateful that I get to enjoy it.

So instead of trying to be serious, I decided to share some of my favorite YouTube videos.

To start with, have you seen the Simon’s Cat series? I think “Cat Man Do” was the first one posted a year ago. It’s been viewed more than eleven million times!



Simon’s Cat “Fly Guy” was posted three months ago and it’s already been watched more than three million times.



If you go to YouTube.com and do a search for “Simon’s Cat,” you’ll get the complete list of all his videos. Great fun, and now there’s even a book!

And are you, like me, one of the more than thirty-one million people who have watched the JK Wedding Entrance Dance?



This video went viral this summer, resulting in a Today Show appearance by the entire wedding party.

And the TV show The Office did a fun take on this when Jim and Pam got married a few weeks ago. The gang at The Office have a long tradition of playing pranks on one another, and their colleagues’ wedding was no exception.



Ah, yes. Love and laughter. They work for me every time.

There must be millions of videos on YouTube, and I know I'm barely scratching the surface. Do you have a favorite YouTube video? Please share, because I would love to watch it!

Until next time,
Lee
The Writer Side of Life
www.LeeMcKenzie.com

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Gillian Layne said...

Let's get a Hallelujah for laughter! Thanks, Lee, I needed these to start the day. :)

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Gillian Layne said...

Ok, I went and dug up the link I wanted you to see, if you haven't already: It's medieval tech support. :)

Medieval helpdesk with English subtitles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

Gillian, I love, Love, LOVE the help desk video! Thank you so much for sharing that. I have a government temp job and sometimes have to call the help desk for, well, help. From now on, every time I talk to one of those long-suffering tech support people, I'll think of this video! I'll bet they will, too ;)

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Thanks for the laugh, Lee! I was glad I was alone because I laughed so hard. Sorry to say, I've no link in return. My friends have told me about getting lost there, so I only visit from other sites, like this one, that way I've a thread out. :-)

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

I LOVE these cat cartoons, Lee--thanks for giving me more fun things to check on the Internet :-)!

Gillian, that Medieval helpdesk is one of my all-time favorites :-).

Here's another of my favorites (can't go wrong with laughing babies):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE6PNps5N9I

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Lee,
I know that cat! Loved the cartoons, especially since mine have resorted to everything but the baseball bat to wake me up when they're hungry.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

Apparently there have been scientific studies that show laughter is good for the immune system. Glad to hear yours got a boost, Judy!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

And now there's scientific proof that laughter is contagious! Thanks for that link, Terry! Adorable!

And what are the odds that four babies would be awake, fed, dry AND happy, all at the same time?

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

Maureen, there are many mornings when I'm grateful my two cats were not gifted with opposable thumbs!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Ha! the office wedding was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

Theresa, I'm glad you enjoyed The Office wedding as much as I did!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]