site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sisters...Mothers...Women Rock!

Sisters are so many things…they are built-in friends. Sometimes they can make you angry because they know all the right buttons to push. Mostly sisters enrich our lives. They provide a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear. They are supporters of dreams and they encourage you when you need it most. They will cry tears for you and make you smile.

Laughs.

Sisters provide many laughs. Sometimes we laugh at each other but mostly we laugh with one another. We grew up together and yet it is as if we all had different childhoods. The oldest sister had to take care of us at times while the youngest was babied by us all. We grew stronger and closer as a result of our parent’s divorce. We learned from each other. We raised families…seventeen children in all between the five of us. The cousins are all close. We have our ups and downs, but through thick and thin, each and every one of us knows that we can count on one another in a moment’s notice.

We are sisters.

We are strong as one, but together we are powerful beyond words.

This month has been about SISTERS. Writing sisters and sisters of the hearts. We celebrated mother’s day, too. Women are amazing people. It is the women of this world who shaped who I am today. Today I turn fifty and I can’t help but reflect and think of all the amazing, strong, capable women I’ve met along the way. They write books and raise children while working outside of the house. They take care of the animals and the sick. They are the first to lend a helping hand. They cook dinner, do the laundry, clean the house. They sing and dance. Lawyers, doctors, teachers…they do it all. They are strong. Women rock!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Theresa,
Love the photo. How lucky you are to have all those sisters. I only have brothers, and unfortunately we live so far away from them that I haven't had the privilege of sharing very much sister time with my sisters-in-law.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Hi Merrillee, sister-in-laws are great too. It is so hard when you live so far away from one another!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Theresa, that's a special photo :-)! How wonderful that the family--and all those cousins--are so close.

Great post--thanks for sharing :-)!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Theresa,
I love the photo, too. Happy Birthday!!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Judy said...

How wonderful to have so much love and support! I know I've appreciated the support you've given me! Happy Birthday, Theresa!!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Prisakiss said...

Theresa, I love your picture!! The bond between sisters can be a beautiful gift. My sister and I were close as kids, and thankfully we're still close as adults, too.

She's a good sounding board, a motivator, a butt-kicker, a shoulder to lean on, a person who's always there for a hug (in celebration or sorrow).

I'm missed most of this month's posting, but I've enjoyed looking back at them today, and giving thanks for all my sisters-- the family ones, the writing ones, the neighborhood ones and the ones I don't get to see very often, but know are there if I'm in a jam.

Hugs to all my Posse sisters!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Terry, Mo, Judy, thanks for posting and making me feel like I always have friends right there next to me as I write! :)

Pris, wonderful comment. Gave me chills. Sisters, mothers, friends, there's nothing better when you just need someone who understands you.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Sally said...

Great blog Theresa! Of course since I'm one of the sisters I especially enjoyed it. Thanks for all your love and support too. Love, Sal

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Hi Sally and thanks for stopping by! Sally is the middle sister, the one who we told was adopted because she was the only brunette. Poor Sally. :) She is also the best travel planner in the universe. She's also a great communicator--the glue in the family--and she can do absolutely ANY craft project in the world!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Mary Curry said...

Checking in late, but wanted to say, Happy Birthday, Theresa!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Happy Birthday sister of my heart!

Like you, I grew up with four sisters-all fantastic and unique in their own way. I was the badly babied youngest and the ONLY thing I ever had to do was set the table. LOL

My oldest passed away in 2004. That was really hard! If you think about it, siblings are the closest to us in genetics AND environment. We are more like them then our spouses or even our children.

I love my sisters very much and can't imagine a world without them.

Thanks for the great post, birthday girl~~<3

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Thanks Mary and Caroline!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]