site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thoughts of warm places on a cold day

When I look out my office window now, I see a cloudy sky, barren trees, and grass devoid of vibrant green. My neighbors are bundled up in coats, scarves and gloves as they head for their cars. Their breath is visible in the cold air. The good thing about today is that January is now behind me. I love being able to turn the calendar over to February. There's just a mental hurdle I cross when Feb. 1 arrives. I can "sense" spring where it seemed eons away during the cold of January.

During this time of year, I fantasize a lot about walking down a warm, sandy beach beneath a bright, blue sky. Doesn't matter if it's in Florida, Hawaii, the Caribbean, wherever. But after reading Priscilla Kissinger's travel article on Puerto Rico in this month's Wet Noodle Posse e-zine, that locale is looking very attractive. Not only is it warm, it's also gorgeous and rich with history and culture -- the perfect combination for a vacation in my book. Be sure to read Priscilla's article (complete with enticing photos) as well as the rest of the e-zine's February issue. As usual, it's filled to the brim with interesting material.

And please share you favorite winter vacation destinations with us in the comments section of this blog. And if you say Aspen, I may have to go put on another layer of fleece. :)

4 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Not too cold for you in Central Florida today, Trish. Just a little rainy. Wait another month, then come on down!

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,

Great post, especially for a frozen Canadian! :) Love the article on Puerto Rico. I had the pleasure of living there for two years and wish I was back now!

Really enjoyed your first PRO article. Thanks for doing such a great job representing us.

Kim H.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Winter destinations? I wish! LOL. I never get away...except to Nationals. Sigh. But if I COULD go anywhere for winter....hmm. I'd say...Ireland.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Kim, how cool that you lived in Puerto Rico. And thanks for the compliments on the PRO article.

Shelli, I think a trip to Ireland would be awesome -- in the summer. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]