site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, May 21, 2007

Kitties!

I love kitties! I have 4, all of them rescues, though Dukey is a rescue by proxy - her mom was pregnant with her when I got her, then promptly gave birth on my son's bed. Dukey was left in her placenta a bit too long, so she's kind of off, but she's sweet.

Every night she joins us for dinner. She sits in the chair beside my dh and watches him adoringly. She doesn't want food- she doesn't like people food. She just likes to be with us.

She's not sociable with the other cats, particularly. Every morning, though, she has a freak out, running up and down the hall and making mewling sounds, which is the only time she meows.

She doesn't like to go outside except when I'm bringing groceries in, and then heaven help me if I close the door with her still out.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YaYa is my other girl. She was waiting by my truck one night when I got out of PTA. A storm front was coming in, so I scooped her up and put her in the truck. She was so sweet on the way home, and remains that way.

She is the queen of comfort. It doesn't matter what you have on your lap, she will shove it out of the way to curl up there. And she's white, so if you're wearing dark colors, all the better!

She's my talker, and she likes to go outside and chatter at the birds. She loves to be in the sun, because she's cold most of the time.

Though she's not my baby, she's the smallest cat. When she was fixed, the vet couldn't get over how tiny her reproductive organs were!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Napoleon is my big boy. When the neighbors found him in the WalMart parking lot, he fit in one of my hands. I bottle fed him for two weeks, bathed him every night. He had fleas so bad, when you pet him, he was bumpy with bites, and when we bathed him, the water ran brown with dried blood.

He's still a bit feral. He's not cuddly in the least, but he'll deign to sit on the couch or computer chair behind me and let me pet him. He LOVES to go outside, and when he's out, he's a completely different cat, rolling in the dirt, rubbing against you, letting you pet his belly.

He's really smart, learned his name quickly, comes when he's called all the time.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Slippy is my baby. I found him in a tree in the park across the street from school. I heard him crying. One of my parents babysat him that day and I took him home. He meets me every morning when I wake up, "prairie dogs" so I'll pet him. He gave us a scare when he got an abscess, then scratched it open, but now he's back to normal. He's not particularly cuddly, but VERY affectionate. His favorite game is to chase our fingers under the bedcovers. If he even sees us walking down the hall toward the bedroom, he'll race ahead and wait for us on the bed, eyes black, waiting to pounce.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Four is my limit, though you should have seen the little Siamese one of my parents brough to school the other day....

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Sweet cats, and all rescues! What a good person you are! That YaYa is really beautiful. I love small kitties.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

I forgot to say what a wonderful picture that is of YaYa. Not only a beautiful cat, but beautiful flowers and composition. Looks like somewhere in Italy.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Esri! That's my backyard, my refuge!

YaYa is absolutely the sweetest and cuddliest, but I love my little boy Skippy.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Very sweet!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

What a bunch of lucky cats these are--no wonder they all look so happy :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]