site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2007

SHHHH!!!! I'm reading Harry Potter!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's 2:30 AM, I just got in from the Harry Potter party. I didn't preorder my book, so I was at the end of a VERY long line. I've never preordered and it's never taken so long! The Boy had fun, though, hanging with his friends, and I met up with a girl from my chapter, and Baby Brother was along. Even though I got a mocha from the Starbucks, I was fading at about 1, and ready to go see if WalMart had the book. But the others convinced me to stay, and I have my book.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We got to the store at 9:30 because they'd said they'd stop letting people in if it got too crowded. We'd gone in at 10:30 AM to get our ticket to stand in line (fat lot of good, the first batch behind the reserved books). They said they gave out 50 tickets for each letter of the alphabet, and first did green alphabet, then yellow alphabet. We were yellow As. We got our book at 10 till 2.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There were a lot of cool costumes, and games for the kids.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Happy Mommy moment: The Boy, now 16, went down to the grocery store with his friends to get cokes and donuts. He said the store had a measly little table set out, with streamers, and he felt sorry for those kids getting their book there, because they weren't getting the whole experience. So even though it's close to 3 and I haven't even had my bath, I know my son valued the evening.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And he's letting me read the book first!

I know a lot of Noodlers do the parties - share your pictures!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

I just have to be glad that there is all this excitement about a BOOK. That is pretty neat and JK Rowling deserves to be the second wealthiest female in the entertainment field for creating the books that got children (and others) excited about reading.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Wow, I'm so glad I reserved my book. I managed to get mine about 12:45 a.m. I blogged about the party, complete with photos, over on my blog at http://trishwrites.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I agree, Diane!!! For the first time, The Boy let me read it first (he was reading East of Eden for school), but kept asking, "What page are you on??" He has it now ;)

Trish, I don't think reserving it would have saved me too much time....and we didn't know which bookstore we'd be at till Wednesday!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Prisakiss said...

We were at a Harry Potter party from 9:30 til 1:15 Friday night. Got back to our hotel around 1:45 am. But, like you said Mary, it was worth it!! My girls and I dressed, up, so I'll see if I can add some pics somehow when I get home from work later today.

You guys are right, it's great to see so many people, especially kids in this age of computers/video games/etc, with their heads in a book!!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Natalie J. Damschroder said...

My store should teach all the other stores how to do it. Though I admit I got a little lucky.

They did non-preorders in the back of the store, and the preorders in the front, and my friend who didn't preorder got hers at the same time I got mine, at about 12:10 a.m. I was in group C and was amazed it went so fast. I'm sure people who didn't come early to get their wristbands (and I would have been one of them if it weren't for a friend telling me the line was getting long an hour early) had a much longer wait.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger bridget said...

I was sick in bed the day after I got the book, so I spent all day reading it! Now I'm dying to discuss it but am afraid to be a spoiler spreader!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Finished my copy this morning (I let Joe read it first). But we didn't do the party thang. Just walked into Target one or two days after the release and plucked it off the shelf. Too bad, because I have a killer costume, but we like our sleep tooooo much.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Pris, I bet you have GREAT pictures!!!

Natalie, I sure wish we'd been at your B&N. I'd only done the party thing at Borders, and they just had clerks with cash boxes sitting around the store for people paying cash or check. That was MUCH faster.

Bridget, I wasn't sick, but I read all day, too!

Esri, we love our sleep, too, and made up for it the next day. It was fun. I can't remember being up so late on purpose!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]