site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, January 23, 2009

Q&A Friday

Happy Friday, readers!

Our theme--Be Good to Yourself--is all around you if you look. Take your pick--books, songs, movies--the theme is there. Today, let's talk about movies that express the be good to yourself theme and its progenitor Carpe Diem--Live for the Day. Two I can think of are The Bucket List and Last Holiday. Both have protagonists who learn they don't have long to live, so they do the things they've always wanted to do.

What movies have you seen that fit the Be Good to Yourself theme? Why do they fit?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I haven't seen Bucket List yet, but I really enjoyed Last Holiday. I like Queen Latifah.

I'm drawing a blank on other movies. Hmm...

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

I enjoyed both of those movies. I'm drawing a blank too.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

My all-time favorite movie, Roman Holiday, filmed in 1953 and starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck, has a classic “be good to yourself” theme. A European princess runs away from her royal duties, meets an American newspaper reporter, and spends an entire doing things she wants to do—eating ice cream, driving a motor scooter, dancing on a river boat...and falling in love. I’ve watched this film countless times and every time I see it, I love it a little bit more.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

ummmm, Joe and the Volcano???

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I love all those movies. I think another good type of movie, although not a "bucket list" movie is one that shows a person going out there and seizing their lives. Movies like Happyness with Will Smith, Legally Blond (yes--Legally Blond), and Rocky. Just going for something, fighting the odds, and winning because losing isn't an option.

Those movies remind me to always go for the brass ring.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Lee,
I love Roman Holiday, too!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Christine,
Yes, I enjoy a good going for it movie, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]