site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

Favorite On-Screen Kisses

I love TV and movies. I find them very inspirational J So I decided to present some of my favorite on screen kisses. I know I won’t get everyone’s favorites, like Spiderman. I just can’t get into Tobey. And there aer some I couldn’t find YouTube videos for, like Jimmy Smits and Susan Dey on LA Law. YEARS later, I remember that love scene! And A Walk in the Clouds, with Keanu Reeves. I bought the DVD for the kiss after the grape-crushing scene. Guh.

First up, let me say I’m a big Gerard Butler fan. I thought this kiss from Phantom of the Opera was smokin’.



I loved the final kiss of Aragorn and Arwen from Lord of the Rings. He’d thought he’d never see her again, and when he does, with the blessing of her family….sigh. I saw the movie four times in the theater for this bit.



Then there’s Han and Leia, his arrogance and her resistance….



Never Been Kissed does an excellent job of building the anticipation. Plus, I just love Michael Vartan.



And talk about build up….this kiss was a whole SEASON in coming, and Logan started off the season as her enemy, but they learned to respect each other and he came to her rescue more than once, and….oh…..



This kiss was FOUR season in the making. The flirting was delicious, and when he finally got moving….I love how she steps back, then moves into his arms.



This was a fun first kiss, for Alex and Izzy. They’d gone on their first date and he left without kissing her. He made up for it here.



Then there’s Ross and Rachel. This is a hall-of-famer. He’s wanted her for so long, and you can see his adoration ….



Another long anticipated kiss, Jim and Pam from The Office.



So he’s tied to a tree….listen to the sound Sawyer makes when Kate kisses him.



What are some of your favorite on-screen kisses?

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Gillian Layne said...

oh, this is the best post ever! what a great way to get inspired to write today...and I have the day off. Bliss!

The "North and South" kiss. The Pretty Woman kiss, when she thinks he's sleeping. Sleeping Beauty's kiss! :)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

MJ,
These are great. I also like the kiss in Raiders of the Lost Ark and between Fanny and Edward in Mansfield Park!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

So glad you liked it, Gillian! I never saw North and South all the way through. As much as I like Richard Armitage in Robin Hood....I dunno.

Maureen, I love the Raiders kiss, too. Couldn't find it on You Tube, though. I actually looked for the Witness kiss, too, and I'm not even a Harrison Ford fan.

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah an dmichael from prison break

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Mary Curry said...

Hi Mary,

I was supposed to be writing but I couldn't resist your movie kisses. The bad news is I just spent an hour on YouTube watching movie and TV kisses. The good news is I'm VERY inspired to write now.:)
Good thing I'm on break this week.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Anon, was that kiss in the first season? They did have some good chemistry.

Mary, I'm so sorry :)!!!! Really! Glad you're inspired though. Why are you on break this early?

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Mary Curry said...

It's midwinter recess, an artificial vacation they began way back to save energy costs for the schools up here during the cold times.

Of course it was in the mid-60s last week - but I'll be grateful for the time off anyway. :)

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

I don't blame you, Mary! You get a break in April, too, right?

I believe Texas will always have summer vacation for the same reason-too hot to cool the schools.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Oh, wow. Mary, these were great! I don't know why it took me so long to watch them! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Glad you enjoyed them, Theresa!!! It was a fun post to put together.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Norah Wilson said...

Mary, those were hot! Very fun post. One of my favorite TV kisses (not a first kiss) was from Battlestar Galactica, believe it or not. It was between the characters Kara (Starbuck) and Leoben (a Cylon). Very complicated love/hate relationship, and this is just an erotic dream.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpoLKtiLgbk

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Oh, Norah, I remember that kiss! It WAS steamy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]