site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Favorite TV couples

We're all about the romance here at the Wet Noodle Posse blog this month, and I thought I'd explore one of my favorite topics -- TV couples. I've been a TV fan from way back, and I'm sure if there had been YouTube when I was a teen I would have created some of those fan videos for favorite TV couples such as Lou and The Kid from The Young Riders.

One of my absolute favorite couples from recent years is Buffy and Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I know there are Spike/Buffy fans out there, but I'm an Angel girl all the way. I still think these two will find their happily ever after, and no one is going to convince me otherwise. :) They're soul mates, people!

Also from Buffy, I was a fan of the Willow and Oz pairing. I never did quite buy the Tara thing. And let's not even talk about Kennedy.

Liz and Max and Michael and Maria from Roswell -- Talk about star-crossed lovers. The girls are from Earth, the boys aren't.

Michael and Sara from Prison Break -- Though the first season was, in my opinion, the best in the development of this relationship, I'm still rooting for them to get a happy ending. I mean, seriously, these two have been put through the ringer.

Scully and Mulder from The X-Files -- One is a believer in all manner of conspiracies regarding, among other things, life on other planets. One is a skeptic. Build-in tension, but it was fun to watch them gradually move toward each other.

Veronica and Logan on the also canceled-too-soon Veronica Mars.

Felicity and Ben on Felicity. They had a lot of ups and downs, but I'm glad they worked it out in the end. Plus, Scott Speedman -- yum! (He also plays one half of one of my favorite movie couples, Michael and Selene in the Underworld movies.)

Kahlen and Richard from The Seeker -- They're not technically a couple, but they sure want to be. Too bad it's forbidden and there will be dire consequences if they give into their mutual desire. I haven't read the books on which this series is based, but I'm hoping somehow they'll find a way to be together in the end.

Mick and Beth on the canceled-way-too-soon Moonlight. Why oh why do they cancel good shows and leave on drivel? Sigh. I would have loved to see how this relationship would have progressed. Alas, it was not to be.

David Boreanaz (Angel) figures in one of my current favorite pairings as Agent Seeley Booth on Bones. Even though he and Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan haven't gotten together yet, the sexual tension between them is awesome. And what's even better -- they don't realize it! :) This is one of those situations where fans love watching them grow closer together, but we don't need to see them actually get together until the last season of the show. It would be the beginning of the end, as it has been for shows in the past (such as Moonlighting).

So, who are your favorite TV couples?

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are my too
angel and buffy yes
felicy
ross and rachel
wentwotrth so damn hot!
benson and stabler from suv nice

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

YES on Buffy and Angel, Mick and Beth, Veronica and Logan (possibly my favorite of the aforementioned!), Kahlen and Richard....

I'll add Luke and Lorelei from Gilmore Girls, Doug and Carol from ER, Pacey and Joey from Dawson's Creek (though I will never buy that they were on that boat all summer and didn't do ANYTHING), and Jim and Pam from The Office. Huh. Only one of my current shows has a love interest. Well, Michael and Fiona in Burn Notice, too.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Laurel Hawkes said...

Kahlen and Richard from The Seeker are also one of my favorites. Otherwise, I have to go back a few years to find couples I enjoyed watching, like Laura and Remington in Remington Steele. And Catherine and Vincent in Beauty and the Beast, and finally Lee and Amanda in The Scarecrow and Mrs. King.
~Judy

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Dianna Love said...

This one is outside my viewing area. My husband and I never watch the shows during the season, but at the end of the season we get all the dvds and watch it straight through over a couple days like a movie. We're always looking for new suggestions. Ive got my pen out taking notes from you wiser ones.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

My favorite sitcom couples are Jim & Pam on The Office and Leonard and Penny on The Big Bang Theory. I love those shows!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

I have to admit that I watch very little TV, so I can't offer much in this discussion. I will agree with Trish that the couple on Bones have great sexual tension. I've seen it a few times because it is one of my husband's favorite shows.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

An oldie but goodie was/is Sam and Diane on Cheers.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Coming in late yet again...

We cut the cable six years ago and so find out about stuff on netflix once it's been canceled! Like the most excellent Pushing Daisies. Cute couple on that one and the tensions built-in because if he touches her, she dies!

One good thing that's come about from this system is that my preteen daughter discovered The Gilmore Girls at the perfect age to watch it. It's become "our" show we watch together, and while season 6 and 7 get very strange, I love the Luke/Lorelai connection.

Hmmm, after reading the Twilight books, she's about ready for Buffy, which I have not seen but my son raves about. Have to put it on the queue.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Sherry Lewis said...

Michael and Fi on Burn Notice. They're my current favorite couple on TV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]