site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, August 03, 2009

All Creatures Great and Small


August is here. In some parts of the country, that means another month of lazy summer days. In the South, August means back-to-school. Can you smell the exhaust from those yellow buses revving? Can you hear the teenagers, who’ve been sleeping ‘til noon during break, groaning as they drag themselves out of bed at six a.m.?

Our theme for this month’s blogs, however, isn’t summer or school related. All Creatures Great and Small is a tribute to those furry, feathered, finned and winged creatures who share our world. Noodlers will cover a variety of topics. We’ll tackle cats and kitchen tables, canines with careers, the fun of fictional animals, doggie neuroses, and one woman pet rescue--to name but a few. Our guests include an Alaskan husky with her own blog and a writer who raises alpacas.

Please join us for a dander-filled month!

6 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Mary Curry said...

Great theme, Mo. For most of my life I was in the "I don't get it" camp about pets but in the past year we've rescued a dog and a cat and they've become such important parts of the family that I guess I've become a believer. Looking forward to August (because I'm one of the northern teachers who doesn't go back ti, after Labor Day).

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

Mary,
You lucky dog! Both in that you now are a pet owner and that you don't have to go back to the regular grind until after Labor Day. Tomorrow's blog with Arwen the husky promises to be interesting!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

I love animals, so I'm looking forward to this month. I just dropped off a lot of books for the used book sale at our humane society, and there were two adorable puppies. They were so cute, but I have to tell myself no more pets. We have one cat. That's enough for now. Later in the month I'll be writing about the dog we had for nearly eighteen years.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Louisa Cornell said...

Reading this with my two dachshunds taking turns climbing in and out of Mama's lap! You all know I LOVE my dogs and cats. My dogs love me. My cats think I am "adequate" help, but only adequate!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

I have two older animals right now and it's tough when they age. My chihuahua is 15 and she's coughing a LOT! We're not getting a lot of sleep but I just can't stand the thought of not having her some day. My cat is older too, not sure how old since he found us ten years ago or so. He's at the vet now having cysts removed. poor thing.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Christine said...

My cat is 19 years old! She's deaf, but very sweet and follows me everywhere. She sits on my lap when I write and starts meowing at me around 5pm because she expects me to pour a glass of wine, sit down, and provide my lap again.

My daughter's cat is 8 and she's a kook. She brings us socks and toys and slips them in front of our bedroom doors as presents. How she unearths all these things is a mystery. She even hunts in my daughter's dance bag and pulls out her modern dance "paws" and drops them all over the house.

So fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]