site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dani's Hilarious Writing Antics

Okay, I have none, except that yesterday, I ignored one of the cardinal rules that my husband has written for me: Dani is not allowed to cook and write at the same time.

Now, I don't claim to be the Queen of Breadmaking anyway, but I can produce an edible half-dozen loaves on a regular basis. Unless I go upstairs to write, don't hear the timer, and let it rise for four hours. You know there's something wrong when you wander down to refill your coffee cup and the delicious scent of warm YEAST is wafting in the air.

What did I do? Cooked 'em anyway, of course, because I've been down this road before. They fall, and turn out really dense, no one likes to eat it, and I start hearing, "Why don't you buy bread?"

But bread isn't the only non-writing activity I've overlooked lately. I also forgot I was blogging until yesterday. Bridget, the darling, has agreed to pinch hit for me, and I'll be taking her spot on the 24th. I think this will be a permanent arrangement, so look for me there from now on.

Happy New Year,
Dani

6 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger bridget said...

Dani, I'm ready to mosey on down to your kitchen any day to be your bread experiment guinea pig. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to seeing your posts on the 24th of each month!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Homemade bread?????? How do you keep yourself from eating it all at once???
Diane

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

I can't cook bread to save my life. Of course, living at altitude doesn't help. Still, I'm sure even your heavy bread is better than anything I could come up with.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hey, Dani. Better the delicious smell of bread yeast than the stench of burned spiced pecans, which was my latest kitchen disaster. Got in half an hour of good writing, though. I'm happy with the trade-off!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I love, love, love the smell of baking bread. Perhaps not the warm yeast though. :)

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Delle Jacobs said...

Don't let Dani kid you, WNP! She makes the most incredible cookies. When we visited her in October, my grandson Cory and I got into a near war over who could comsume the entire pile.
Delle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]