site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A message from Terry McLaughlin: Be good to yourself!

Several days ago my daughter-in-law brought me a few things she'd found in the attic of her house--a house built by my husband's parents, both of whom are deceased. One of the items was a small pink box with a French label: a sampler of eau de toilettes I purchased at Fragonard in Paris as a souvenir for my mother-in-law. I was surprised to see that box again after all these years. And I was a bit dismayed that everything in it is still the same, unopened and unused. The scents are still sweet, but faded with time.

When my husband got home that evening, I showed him the little bottles and asked why his mother had never opened them and enjoyed her gift. "She probably thought they were too special to use," he said.

Every day is special. Every day is precious.

I've placed that little pink box on my desk top, where it can remind me to treat myself and those I love to special things, to celebrate the precious days of our lives whenever possible. Maybe I'll use the holiday china for dinner some night this week, or scatter a package of wildflower seeds along our winding drive, or finally frame and display those family pictures waiting in a box. I'll pick up the phone more often when I think of a friend, just to say hello.

What can you do for yourself or for those you love this week? Remember the Wet Noodle Posse's slogan: Be good to yourself, or else!

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Great idea, Terry. I already treated myself this week. I ate a Twix bar while out running errands. :)

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Excellent advice for a new year, Terry. Much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]