site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, February 13, 2006

Have you taken your deep breath today?

It's 8:15 pm and I'm going for my second try at posting my blog. Earlier today I responded to Bridget's fun "Alborada" post, then lost my internet connection before I could type in my post for the day. Since I only had a few minutes before I headed out to begin my afternoon taxi service for my kids, I felt a small amount of frustration. However, my busy schedule doesn't allow time for staring at my computer screen in despair. So I grabbed my keys and headed out.

Now dinner is done, the dishes almost washed (said children need to get to work), homework is being completed, the Olympic Games are playing in the background and my computer connection is back on line. YAY! I have time to take a breath and send a shout out to my fellow Posse members and fans.

Which brings me to the message I'd like to pass along today (tonight) on the eve of St. Valentine's Day...

In the rush of your busy lives and hectic schedules, remember to stop and take the occasional deep breath. Take the time to reflect on your life. And most importantly, give thanks for your loved ones. Those who are there to support you, guide you, love you, and give you the occasional-much-needed kick in the pants. Hug your kids before they head to school in the morning. Call your spouse or special someone in the middle of the day to let them know you're thinking about them. Call your parents or siblings to say hello. Send an old friend a "what's up" email. Give yourself a special treat. Enjoy what life has to offer.

For me, right now I'm enjoying a frosty pina colada while my girls work on their studies, my husband chats on the phone with a buddy and the Olympians inspire us with their feats. I'm nearing the end of another Kissinger family hectic day, and I feel blessed.

Tomorrow morning, when I'm up at 5 to make chocolate-covered strawberries for a Valentine's breakfast treat for my family, I may feel differently. :-)

Cheers, and Happy St. Valentine's Day Eve.

6 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger bridget said...

You're so right about this, Pris. You are always so inspirational! Now, can I get some of those strawberries...? Happy V Day to you too!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Tori Scott said...

I want some strawberries too! You're such a great mom, Pris.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Pris - excellent idea. Today is rush rush rush with girlscouts, a reflections PTA presentation, you name it, that I've placed Valentine's Day on hold. But for sure, I'll tell everyone I love them, and tonight, I think Imight just drink an apple martini!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Happy Valentines Day, Pris! And why isn't someone serving *you* choccies in bed tomorrow?

Joe and I wished each other a Happy Val's day this morning on his way out to work. Tonight is chorus, with the option of a burlesque show afterwards. Some of our fellow tap dancers are in the show, and sent us an email. I have the feeling they won't be wearing tap shoes. Possibly they won't be wearing any shoes at all.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Janice Lynn said...

MMMMMMmmmm wish I'd had breakfast at your house. Yum. & I hear you on the girl scout stuff. I have over 200 boxes of cookies sitting in my living room waiting to be delivered. Fun. Fun. ;)

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Prisakiss said...

I'm not sure if folks check blog comments in the days after a post, but I thought I'd reply and give it a shot.

Jill, I hope you had your apple martini. I've never had one, but it sounds interesting.

Girl scout cookies? Ooh, I've had similar boxes taking up space in our living room, too. Oh, the things we do for our kids. :-)

Hey Esri, how was your burlesque party? Girl, you have and attend such fun soirees. Can I come visit you sometime. :-)

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. You all deserve it!
Hugs,
Pris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]