site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Kitty Obsession -- Kiki Cark

Musette 026

I have a new addiction these days, and she's covered with fur. I'm driven to touch Musette, talk to her, take photos and blog about her, buy her toys, and play with her. When she's not in sight, I wonder where she is, and when I'm touching her, I wonder what I can do to keep her there.

I've always owned cats. They've all been good, and I've loved every one. But Musette isn't just the crack cocaine of kitties, she's the heroin of all felinedom. All I'm missing are the needle tracks on my arms, and that's because she's so sweet, she never scratches.

She just walked in, announcing her presence with her little rasping meow, and my response was the usual: a sort of gasping coo -- the noise small children make when they see a Christmas tree or get a pony. I spend my days giving her my treasured belongings to see if they make good toys, moving her bed to see which spot she likes the best, and marveling that, even with all my attention, she still runs up and throws herself on my feet, rolling over so I'll pet her soft, warm belly while she makes happy little squeaking noises.

Musette 041

I carry a digital camera with home movies of her. I made a bracelet with her picture and I show it, not only to friends, but to cashiers at grocery stores. I tried five different kinds of treats to find her favorite, including venison jerkey and shaved bonito. Once, I cleaned poop out of her long fur, with my fingers.

Lest you think I'm ruining her, let me also say that I taught her what "No," means, which includes not scratching the couch, not climbing the screen door, not running outside at night, not jumping off the deck or getting on the kitchen table. But that doesn't mean I'm not obsessed. Today I taught her a trick. She'll jump into her foam igloo bed while I hold it a foot off the ground. How fantastic is that? Musette is the smartest, funniest, cutest, prettiest, softest, most acrobatic cat in my world. Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to do.

Musette 037

8 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I think Musette is a very lucky kitty to have found you!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Awwwwwwwww, does she also throw up hairballs, or is Musette, indeed, the perfect cat????
(my cats, I assure you, are boring, but one has a talent for throwing up hairballs)

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

She threw up one hairball, soon after we first got her (and probably because we switched her food). Since then, nothing. Since I brush her multiple times a day (she loves it), she probably has no spare hair to swallow. She's lucky she isn't bald.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sandy Blair said...

I don't know, Esri, sounds like you might be a little enamored with the ball of fluff. :-D
Sandy

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Jennie Lucas said...

What an adorable kitty! I think all cats are cute, but you hit the jackpot with this one, Esri. (And on a writing note, I really appreciated your comparison between your feline-induced nirvana and the lack of drug scratches on your arms. Nice.)

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

That was good, wasn't it?

8^D

Thanks!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

LOL - what a cat!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

She is a pretty baby. I'm so glad you've bonded.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]