site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Persistent people begin their success where others end in failure

Today my fourteen-year-old daughter turned to me and said, “I found a new quote that I’m going to live my life by from now on.” The quote goes something like this: Every minute you spend being angry or sad is a minute of happiness that you will never get back.

This child of mine has always been fascinated by quotes. She has bought three books of quotes in the past year and some of her favorites are plastered to the walls in her room. For a school project she used the quote, “Only dead fish go with the current…” I like that one. Quotes are fun and inspirational, which is why I’ll end my blog with a personal favorite. It’s actually a part of a quote by Marianne Williamson that was used in the movie Akeelah and the Bee:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?

What’s your favorite quote?

6 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, cool blog. another one of my favorites is.... "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." by Ralph Waldo Emerson.. or "a positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.." love you!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

How sweet for your daughter to respond to your blog! And with such wonderful quotations.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Never, never, never give up," by Winston Churchill (can't you just hear him saying it?

Another I like, ""Love bears within its breast the very germ of change..." Lord Byron

And another--
"We are all at heart romantic and passionate and there is nothing like a dark romance to stir us up, no matter what age you are"
Gerard Butler

Cheers!
Diane

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I love quotes -- both inspirational ones and funny ones. Also ones that remind me of favorite TV shows and movies. I think that's the thing about quotes -- they say so much in so few words. Just for fun, I put quotes on my blog each day from one of Joss Whedon's programs (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, & Firefly/Serenity).

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how so few words are able to capture so much to lift, amuse, or inspire searching deeper within oneself. Here are a couple of favorites:

“I have a lot of excitement in my life. I used to call it stress, but I feel much better now that I call it excitement!”

Frankl said, “The last freedom left to man is the freedom to choose how he will react to what happens to him.”

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Delle Jacobs said...

I have lots of favorites. But the one related to writing that keeps me going when I think I';ve had enough comes from Jo Beverley:

"If you can quit writing, then you probably should."

Thanks, Jo, for putting it right where it is.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Sounds like one cool daughter there! Well done, mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]