site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

In our family, we start our morning off by watching the Macy's Day Parade. We paid special attention because the new Oklahoma float was in the parade. It's in celebration of Oklahoma's 100th year. We became a state in 1907.

Macyparade

As I was looking at the float, I was thinking of the importance of milestones. Milestones mark great achievements. But I often wonder if we place expectations and shoot for milestones that are not really real. As a writer, the milestones I placed on myself were finaling in the Golden Heart and getting a book contract. But those weren't realistic at all - they weren't at all in my control.

Right now I try to mark my milestones in word count. That's something I can control.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Theresa N. said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]