site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, November 13, 2006

Catching My Breath

Many folks get nervous at the thought of Friday the 13th. Today, after a loooong weekend chock full of theater workshops ending with parent shows, cheerleading competitions starting at 8:30 am, mounds of laundry, and a wood stove that is supposed to put out hot air and not acrid, burnt-marshmallow smelling smoke which kept me awake all night for fear of the house burning down....

Well, let's just say, I'd be happy if today was Friday the 13th instead of Monday the 13th. Then again, the way my weekends have been going, TGIF may not mean too much. :-)

Someone once said that "busy-ness" was becoming the 8th deadly sins. Some days, I'd have to agree.

Tonight, the family will all be home together. Hubby back from his hunting trip, play practice done by 7pm, tennis over at 5:30, theater class fnished at 6:30. My plan to regroup and re-energize starts with mugs of hot chocolate, a deck of cards and my family. We'll find 30 minutes in between food, extra curriculars and homework. Thirty minutes we all need to catch our breath.

What about you? When you're feeling bogged down, how do you regroup, or refocus? For me, it's either a good romance book or movie, or fun time with family.

3 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger bridget said...

scary about the smoking woodstove, Pris! Can you get someone in to clean the ducts or something?

What do I do to refocus, regroup? If I can catch a minute, I mostly just stare blankly into space *g*

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

I do something artsy-craftsy. But I like family game night, too. One of my favorites is Balderdash.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

The best way I know to decompress after a hard day is to pet the cat. You cannot pet a cat in a hurry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]