site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Best Laid Plans

I had it all planned out. When I signed up for the Golden Heart and paid my $50 entry fee, I knew I would have to write 5 pages per day right up until the end of November to get my book finished in time. No problem, right? Normally the dh and I only work one or two days each month from September through January (construction biz), so that left me with plenty of days to write to my heart's content. I even optimistically thought I'd be finished by the end of October.

And then his uncle asked us to renovate his rent house so he could sell it. Instead of carefree writing days, I've been building, painting, hauling trash, and cleaning 5 days a week for more than a month. We leave at 7 in the morning and often don't get home until 7 in the evening. By the time I get dinner fixed, the kitchen cleaned, and caught up on email, I've been lucky to get 3 or 4 pages written. Then my mom ended up in ICU and stress has taken its toll. I'm zonked by 9 pm.

So it looks like the GH is out for me this year. I'll still finish the book, but not before Christmas, I don't think. Just in time to send queries out after New Year's.

A word of advice--if you're planning to enter the GH next year, start that book now. You never know what life is going to throw in your path.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Diane Gaston said...

Ah, Tori,
Don't give up. Maybe you'll have a glorious writing spurt and time to do it. You never know.

If not, may the book sell!
(actually, may it sell no matter what!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]