site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, December 15, 2006

My musical Christmas toys

If you come to my house this time of year, you might think you were in a Christmas store. I have Christmas things from one end of my house to the other. During the year when they are all put away, I have one closet just dedicated to Christmas things. The rest of it is in the attic. This year I even got a new artificial tree to replace the one with the tilting top that I've had for over ten years. The new one has built-in lights. When you turn it on, it is so bright that it nearly illuminates the room.

But I digress. I want to talk about my musical toys. It all started one year at the party our Bible school class had where everyone brought a white elephant gift to exchange. I wound up with a little cowboy Santa that twirls a lasso and sings "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." Unfortunately, over the years he stopped twirling his lasso, but as long as I put in the batteries, he still sings. Since that first singing Santa, I have added moose, reindeer, snowmen, dogs, penguins, and more Santas that sing. I have over a dozen snowglobes and music boxes that play a variety of Christmas tunes. It's fun to walk through the room and press a button and hear a Christmas song or two. The new ones I got this year play when I clap my hands, but my husband made me turn it off because it also plays when I laugh or talk too loud or bang a cupboard door. My family just tolerates my singing toys, but I love them.
Merry Christmas.
Merrillee

5 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Theresa N. said...

It sounds like wonderful fun.I love to push all the buttons in the store. They really put a smile on my face.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

My grandmother would always buy us singing Christmas toys. My students love them! I have a tree and two snowmen. I want a Rudolph one, though!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I guess the only noisy Christmas thing I have is a music box of carolers that I was given by my mother-in-law. But I have a great affinity for all things Christmas decor.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Baby Accessories said...

Hi, great post. Sharing information about Baby musical toys. I like it. Thanks for taking time for sharing. Keep blogging.
Sound Toys

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Trimpoo said...

I still remember my father buying us all those music and sound toys every time we went to our grand mother's house on Christmas eve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]