site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, June 05, 2009

Q&A Friday and Noodler June Releases!

This first week of Father Knows Best month we've discussed heroes, some of whom happen to be our dads, and we've shared their love of romance novels and desserts. Many writers include fathers in their novels. One of my favorite dads is Mr. Bennett in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. His wit and how he teased his wife and daughters endeared him to me. How about you?


Who are your favorite dads in novels or movies and why do you love them?


If you're planning a vacation for later in the summer and need a great read for the beach, don't miss the opportunity to pick up these noodler June releases:




Terry McLaughlin

A Small Town Homecoming

All architect Tess Roussel has ever wanted is to open her own design firm. She gets the chance when she returns to California and wins a coveted waterfront project. It's the contractor hired for the job who's got her distracted. John Jameson Quinn isn't her choice. And definitely not her type.



Tess doesn't go for brooding bad boys—especially one who isn't shy about going after what he wants. And he wants Tess. Never mind that he's got a scandalous past to overcome. A daughter to raise. A boss—Tess—and a town to answer to. Quinn follows his own drumbeat. Only, now Tess is starting to hear it, too. Because he's good. And they're good together.

Her design. His construction. Can they build a love to last?

Anne Mallory

For the Earl’s Pleasure

Beneath every scornful smile . . .

They were once cherished childhood companions, until a scandalous secret tore them apart. Now Valerian Rainewood and Abigail Smart are the fiercest of enemies. To Abigail, Rainewood is a notorious rake, hell-bent on mischief and not fit for polite society. So what if it seems as if he can seduce her with nothing but his eyes? She will not succumb. But when the earl is viciously attacked, Abigail's distress tells her that something still binds her to the wild Rainewood.

Lies an unquenchable desire . . . Though the ton believes there is nothing between them, Rainewood knows the truth. Abigail tempts him the way no other woman has. Wanton lust overwhelms him whenever she is near. But keeping her too close may put her precious life in danger. He must destroy his enemies—so that with every touch he may prove to Abigail that though their past was filled with trouble, their future will be nothing but pleasure.








Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Louisa Cornell said...

My favorite dads in novels are the ones that don't think they are or will be any good at it and discover that they really are the best of fathers.

Dain from Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase comes to mind. As does Sir Phillip from To Sir Phillip with Love by Julia Quinn.

I just love it when a strong hero comes to the realization that he loves his children and will do anything for them.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Louisa Cornell said...

Oh and as I have outed myself on Facebook I guess it is safe to tell the Noodlers that I have an agent!! I accepted an offer of representation last week and I am thrilled to death about it. I chose the agent who was the most enthusiastic about my work. It is a perfect fit for me.

Thanks Noodlers for all the help and encouragement you have given me on this journey. This is just one more big step for me.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Yay, Louisa, on snagging an agent who is enthusiastic about your work!!!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Congratulations, Louisa, on snagging an awesome agent!!! We will be buying your books in no time!!!

Anne and Terry, both books look awesome. I can't wait to read them both!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Louisa,
Congratulations! Best wishes with your writing.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Louisa! Congratulations :-)! You're right, this is a big step. It's bigger than big--it's HUGE :-)!

Thanks, Theresa :-).

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Congratulations, Louisa! What great news! I think I'll have a bit of chocolate to celebrate. :-)

Some of my favorite dads are men who aren't actually dads themselves but fill the role of protector and encourager. I've read a lot of great adopted dads. :-)

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Louisa Cornell said...

Thanks, ladies!! I am very excited about it!

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Annie West said...

Nice post, thanks! Can I put in a vote for Mr Bennett as a fave dad? I know he's ineffectual in keeping his girls under control and should have stirred himself a lot earlier, but there's something about his gentle wit and his life in the library that has always appealed to me.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Annie West said...

Louisa! Congratulations on snaffling and agent. Terrific. I hope it's a long and happy, fruitful partnership.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Annie,
I agree about Mr. Bennett. He's a fun character!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]