10 Totally Frivolous Thank YousWe're usually serious and contemplative at this time of year, remembering to be thankful for things like health, freedom and plenty of food. And I am, indeed, thankful for all of those things. But I thought it might be fun to have a list of totally frivolous things for which I am, nevertheless, thankful. So here goes...
1. The wonderful experience of escaping into a story on the big screen. I went to see New Moon yesterday and had the best time. I'm already looking forward to Avatar next month.
2. Farmville, that crazily addictive farming game on Facebook.
3. Entertainment Weekly -- for my weekly dose of what's going on in the entertainment world
4. Whoever thought of putting TV shows on DVD. I'm currently on the 5th season of Gilmore Girls.
5. SyFy -- Thanks to this channel, I get regular doses of fun sci fi shows like Sanctuary and Stargate Universe.
6. Movie soundtracks -- I have lots.
7. The Bed, Bath and Beyond sales circulars that include 10% off coupons.
8. Twitter feeds from some of my favorite celebrities like Nathan Fillion and Misha Collins -- those guys are a riot.
9. Junior Mints
10. That J.J. Abrams decided to do a Star Trek movie. I saw it twice in the theater and already watched it again after buying the DVD last week. Tremendously rewatchable.
What about you all? What non-essential, totally frivolous things are you thankful for?