site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Monday, November 23, 2009

10 Totally Frivolous Thank Yous

We're usually serious and contemplative at this time of year, remembering to be thankful for things like health, freedom and plenty of food. And I am, indeed, thankful for all of those things. But I thought it might be fun to have a list of totally frivolous things for which I am, nevertheless, thankful. So here goes...

1. The wonderful experience of escaping into a story on the big screen. I went to see New Moon yesterday and had the best time. I'm already looking forward to Avatar next month.

2. Farmville, that crazily addictive farming game on Facebook.

3. Entertainment Weekly -- for my weekly dose of what's going on in the entertainment world

4. Whoever thought of putting TV shows on DVD. I'm currently on the 5th season of Gilmore Girls.

5. SyFy -- Thanks to this channel, I get regular doses of fun sci fi shows like Sanctuary and Stargate Universe.

6. Movie soundtracks -- I have lots.

7. The Bed, Bath and Beyond sales circulars that include 10% off coupons.

8. Twitter feeds from some of my favorite celebrities like Nathan Fillion and Misha Collins -- those guys are a riot.

9. Junior Mints

10. That J.J. Abrams decided to do a Star Trek movie. I saw it twice in the theater and already watched it again after buying the DVD last week. Tremendously rewatchable.

What about you all? What non-essential, totally frivolous things are you thankful for?

6 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Judy said...

What a fun subject, Trish!

1. Chocolate, Dove chocolate.
2. Time to read Gallant Officer, Forbidden Lady, this weekend. Definite page turner.
3. Speaking of TV shows on DVD, recently found out Scarecrow and Mrs. King will be available in March. Woohoo!
4. 600-thread count sheets. So soft.
5. Baking to warm up the house, two birds with one stone. (It's really too warm later in the day to actually turn on the heater, but it's a bit nippy in the morning.)
6. Getting to see Jimmie Johnson make NASCAR history, even if he wasn't my favorite driver.
7. nfl.com so that if the football game I want to watch isn't being broadcast on TV I can at least keep up with the game easily.
8. An enormous TBR pile because I get nervous if it gets too short. What if I run out of books? Sure, like that's ever going to happen.
9. Taking the time to re-read old favorites, despite the ginormous TBR pile.
10. Pretty water/wine/whatever glasses on sale to use with my cute dishes.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Ha! I love Junior Mints and I am thankful for all candy. :)

Love my wood burning stove and the heat it produces.

Very thankful for books and movies and yes, I finally watched Star Trek on DVD this weekend and I loved it!!!

Very thankful for my laptop.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh, Trish! My mind's buzzing.

Chocolate!

The library. Even if I didn't work there, I'd probably be there every day.

The CD player in my car. Since I'm on the road about an hour a day, I've heard music I wouldn't have had time to listen to and "read" books I would never have sat down with.

Cats. Nuff said.

Starbucks. I go there about twice a year, but I'm sure glad they're there when I need them.

My screened-in back porch. Snooty Floridians call it the "lanai," but I'm from Kentucky, so I call it the porch.) I've had wonderful days on the porch with a soda and a good book.

Friends aren't frivolous, but thank goodness I've got them!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Louisa Cornell said...

Neat idea, Trish!

1. CSI (the original series) on DVD.
I have through season six and I
put the other 4 seasons on my
Christmas list!

2. Pictures of Gerard Butler.

3. Movie soundtracks.

4. Dogs and cats who are always
happy to see me.

5. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - the
big ones!

6. Sites like CakeWrecks.com and
peopleatwalmart.com

7. Little figurines called Moo
Moo's. They're so CUTE!

8. Figurines called Precious
Teddies, but I only collect the
ones featuring British
characters - Sherlock Holmes,
Doctor Watson, Lancelot, Bertie
the Beefeater, Gordon the
Palace Guard, the Scottish
lass, etc.

9. Watching my dogs bark at
falling leaves.

10. Books on the TBR stack even
when I know I can't read them
until I finish my third book!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Judy, those sheets sound fabulous. And LOL on getting nervous if the TBR pile gets too short. :)

Theresa, isn't Star Trek awesome?

Karen, I don't go to Starbucks except in the winter to get hot chocolate. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love their hot chocolate.

Louisa, when someone told me about peopleatwalmart.com, I went to check it out and about howled myself silly.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Great idea, Trish!

1. Chocolate
2. Dark Roasted Coffee--That's what will get me through this Nutcracker week.
3. Wes's Aunt Bonnie, who is hosting Thanksgiving and allows me to bring whatever I have time to make for Thanksgiving.
4. My Dyson animal vaccuum cleaner--awesome on the cat hair!
5. Did I mention coffee?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]