site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March Madness

For those of you who have no interest in sports, March Madness usually means college basketball. I admit to being an avid fan and have blogged on this subject before, but this year March Madness has nothing to do with basketball. It means spring cleaning.

Taking a slice of advice from Stephanie Rowe in a previous blog, hubby and I have regrouted our shower. I must confess he did most of it, but I worked quality control by making sure he didn't miss any places. It is looking quite good. The mildew stains are gone. Mildew has a way of growing in the shower overnight here in Florida, so getting rid of that is an accomplishment.

In addition to the shower, we'll be cleaning out the closets and garage. (Why don't garages stay clean?) Since we've only lived in our house for five years, I wonder how two people have accumulated so much stuff that our closets are packed. We can't find anything. So lots of stuff will need to go. That leads me to the madness part. I have trouble parting with stuff, even stuff I haven't used in ages. That definitely includes items of clothing I haven't worn in the five years we've lived here. I know that's pathetic, but I keep thinking I'll wear them sometime. So I'll have to be strong and say good bye to those tops that are pilled and the pants that are faded. I'll miss them, but my closet with be cleaner. A bright spot in all this madness is the opportunity to fill the empty hangers with new clothes. That's a nice thought.

But before I clean out any closets, I have to fill out my brackets for the real March Madness. It starts tomorrow.

Merrillee

3 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I need to do this too, but I too have trouble parting with things. But it must get done this spring.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Good for you Merrillee on being in charge of quality control! :) And for tackling the regrouting of your shower!!! Cleaning out old clothes always makes me feel better! Spring cleaning takes time--but I always liked that saying, out with the old, in with the new! Yahoo!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

I'm still working on the dejunking. I've done some good work, but there's still so much to do. I think it would be easiest to decide what you absolutely have to keep, put that in storage, and then have strangers go through and empty your house of all the rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]