site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Extreme Makeover--Home Edition

I had to comment on tonight's episode of Extreme Makeover. In this month's edition of the Wet Noodle Posse e-zine, we did a superheroine article on one of the teenager's involved in helping make a dream come true for a family who suffered a triple whammy of tragedy. First, they lost their home to a fire. Then they lost their son/brother in a head on collision while trying to rebuild their home. Then Faith Tipton-Smith lost her job and they were unable to finish rebuilding the home her son Ransom had designed before his death.

The community came together and applied to Extreme Makeover to have the house finished, and tonight we got to see it happen. Did you watch the show? I don't know about you, but I've never watched that show without bawling at least once. Tonight, I cried most of the way through it. Partly because I heard about the accident at the time it happened through the mother of Chelsea Korzenko. Chelsea was one of Ransom's many friends, and the loss was devastating for her, as it was for all the student's at Cherokee High.

I almost feel like I know Missy after writing the article and seeing her picture so many times. I was so impressed with her on the show, her obvious love for her mother and little sister, her love for her brother. The whole show gave me warm fuzzies that will stay with me for a long time.

And if you're not an organ donor--as Ransom was--why not? We got to meet the very talented young lady who received his heart. And that was pretty awesome all by itself.

I may have a hard time falling asleep tonight, thinking about that show. ABC, you're awesome for doing that for this family. Thank you.

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger bridget said...

Tori, it is so moving when people really work to change someone's life for the better! I'm with you--it makes me cry!

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one Tori to another :D I loved last night's episode! I sniffled all the way through it, too.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

It was a great show, Tori and a great article you wrote too! I agree with donating organs and giving blood! Less than 5% of people do...something like that. If that show gets one more person to donate an organ how great is that?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]