site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Friday, June 19, 2009

Q&A Friday


I don't know about the rest of you, but when I looked at the Sunday paper last week, it was thick with circulars about various stores' Father's Day sales. Bargains galore.


That got me to wondering what I was going to do for my dad. I had already planned to bake him a pineapple upside down cake when he visits in August, but that's two months away. I looked at some on-line cards, but nothing really spoke to me. After some pondering, I got it. Years ago, when I started writing, he told me that when I sold my first novel I should celebrate by buying him beer. And since I sold a middle grade YA titled Haint Misbehavin' to Bell Bridge Books last week, I thought I'd send him some beer. Alas, the brewery near their home does not mail beer. I guess he's getting beer with the pineapple upside down cake in August. I do NOT recommend eating the cake with the beer.

So then I moved on to how my daughter wants to honor her father. He likes Oreo ice cream pie, which she will make for him. Since my husband is into gardening, our cats Turnip Ann and Pixie are giving him bags of manure for his garden. So thoughtful of me--I mean, them. Can't you just hear the laughter around the water cooler on Monday when my husband tells his work buddies about his Father's Day gift?

What are some things you'd suggest for a last minute Father's Day gift? What's the most unusual Father's Day gift you've ever heard of? The most sentimental?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

Mo! CONGRATULATIONS on your book sale :-)!

Wooo-hooooo!!!!!

Loved your pineapple upside-down cake gift idea. I wish I were closer to my dad so I could share a special dish with him.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Mo H said...

Thanks, Terry!

So what do your kids have planned for their dad?

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

They took him out for a round of golf--just the three of them--on Thursday afternoon. What fun :-)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]